Re: Conclusion of the last call on draft-housley-two-maturity-levels

11.09.2011 5:49, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
On 2011-09-11 13:26, Eric Burger wrote:
So should we move to a one-step process?
There is a detailed proposal for that at
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-loughney-newtrk-one-size-fits-all-01.txt

This draft is what actually matches reality. I'd better consider publishing it rather than draft-housley-two-maturity-levels, unless the latter or other similar proposal can demonstrate that it will find the way to affect the understanding of people whom RFCs are aimed to (which is "a Standards Track RFC is a Standard; maturity level doesn't matter"), predominantly implementors, and the real-life reality (which is one-step process) effectively (if the don't want to fit themselves to this understanding and this reality).

Mykyta Yevstifeyev

I don't think the arguments have changed much since 2006.

    Brian