RE: Questionnaire to survey opinion concerning a possibleredefinition of UTC

> Marshall Eubanks
> So UTC would become a YATSCOT (Yet another time scale
> with a constant offset to TAI.)

Indeed, why not use TAI instead in the first place?

> I am not aware of any RFCs for sextant based celestial
> navigation (which WILL have to change).

If UTC was to change, that could mean some confusion for some sextant users I know who, before using their sextant, check their watch drift against the time provided by, ahem, their GPS receiver.

Michel.