RE: Hyatt Taipei cancellation policy?

...and, at least in this case, if you look at similar hotels (e.g. the Starwood properties) in the area, you'll find that even the current pre-book-non-refundable-no-breakfast-in-some-cases-no-internet rates will be higher than the rate offered to us.

There are also cheaper hotels, so it's all about having the benefits of staying at/very-close-to the meeting, or having to do some walk.