Re: IESG voting procedures

On Aug 15, 2011, at 2:28 PM, Russ Housley wrote:

My experience is that a technical flaw, even if it is a corner case, is acted upon by the WG.  There are rare cases where the WG has lost energy, but in general the WG wants to produce a quality output.  As a result, technical flaws are not the place where things get messy.  Rather, things get messy over issues that have a political component.

What's the difference between "issues that have a political component" and disagreements about whether there is a technical flaw?   Seems to me that people who don't want to admit that there's a technical flaw (or who can't easily see it from their perspective) often dismiss the issue as a political problem.

Keith