Re: A modest proposal for Friday meeting schedule

---- Original Message -----
From: "David Kessens" <david.kessens@xxxxxxx>
To: "Russ Housley" <housley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "IETF" <ietf@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 01, 2011 10:49 PM

> Russ,
>
> On Mon, Aug 01, 2011 at 11:10:24AM -0400, Russ Housley wrote:
> > I am discussing the possibility with the Secretariat and the IESG.  I will
report back to the community as soon as possible.

> I don't think this proposal should be pursued. The breaks fulfil an
> important function and there is nothing wrong with a starting time of 9am.
>
> The friday meetings are always going to be tough at the end of a week long
> meeting but trying to compress the friday schedule would only make it
> harder.

Yes, and has been said, Friday is travel time; with a 17:30 flight, a time to
dip into those sessions I never normally attend, with an 09:30 flight, I'm gone.
Anything that matters needs to be Monday to Thursday, and that includes
Plenaries. They may be boring, but that in itself is an important reflection of
the various I***s.

Tom Petch