Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-intarea-shared-addressing-issues-02.txt> (Issues with IP Address Sharing) to Informational RFC

Scott W Brim wrote:

>>> IP address -->   MAC address -->   Connected AP

>> As the MAC addresses are NOT reliable, it is a lot more straight
>> forward to directly map between IP addresses and APs.

> In the (excellent!) experiment, you associated yourself with one or more MAC
> addresses.  Your IP address is more likely to change than your MAC.

I can't see the point of insisting on MAC. If MAC is so good, use it,
not IP, for geo-location.

> In the (truly excellent) experiment, the goal was to find out which room
> someone was in so you could find them.

Are there any other hidden assumptions of the experiment?

							Masataka Ohta

PS

I acknowledge there is no real world use cases.