Re: Poster sessions

On Jan 10, 2011, at 9:55 AM, Henk Uijterwaal wrote:

> On 10/01/2011 14:57, Yoav Nir wrote:
>>
>> On Jan 10, 2011, at 1:09 PM, Henk Uijterwaal wrote:
>
>>> The costs for a poster session are almost 0.  Isn't this something we can
>>> just try?
>>
>> I don't agree that the costs are zero. You can't have the poster session last
>> all week long, because the presenter may want to go to other sessions. So we
>> need about 2 hours reserved for this. Maybe a morning session.
>
> My idea would be that the pinboards for the posters are available from day one
> onwards and people with a poster can put it up on Sunday.  Folks can come and
> watch.  Select 2 or 3 coffee breaks where the person presenting the poster
> must be near his poster for questions and discussion.

There are places where we wouldn't be able to do that in the break room / area (i.e., we would have to
dedicate a room to posters, merely to keep them from being removed at night). That seems like too much process to me.

My feeling is that one day for a poster session is enough (possibly with different sessions on different days). You can buzz through a set of uninteresting posters amazingly fast.

Regards
Marshall