Re: Poster sessions

On 10/01/2011 11:14, Yoav Nir wrote:

> On Jan 10, 2011, at 11:31 AM, Lars Eggert wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 2011-1-8, at 19:41, R. B. wrote:
>>> I'm really in a rush, but I want to send my 0.02 too.  I like the idea of
>>> a poster session, since a single I-D could go unobserved in the churn of
>>> other I-Ds.
>>
>> many areas have open meetings where folks already can present such ideas.
>>
>> It's up to the ADs or chairs of such meetings to decide if presentation
>> time is warranted, with or without an accompanying ID.
>
> True, but in those meetings you usually get about 5 minutes to present (which
> is good), but then some other people present other things. Following that,
> those people in the audience who are interested will have to seek you out
> among the 1200 participants, or go to a mailing list just to ask questions.
>
> A poster session would allow for more interaction.

I think that there is another issue.  Some people are good at doing 5
minute pitches of an idea, others aren't.  In case one is not, then I
think a poster session might be a good alternative.

The costs for a poster session are almost 0.  Isn't this something we
can just try?

Henk

Henk Uijterwaal                           Email: henk.uijterwaal(at)ripe.net
RIPE Network Coordination Centre          http://www.xs4all.nl/~henku
P.O.Box 10096          Singel 258         Phone: +31.20.5354414
1001 EB Amsterdam      1016 AB Amsterdam  Fax: +31.20.5354445
The Netherlands        The Netherlands    Mobile: +31.6.55861746