Re: All these discussions about meeting venues

On 8/29/10 3:12 PM, John C Klensin wrote:

> --On Sunday, August 29, 2010 14:29 -0500 Mary Barnes
> <mary.ietf.barnes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Joel,
>>
>> Thank you so much for your sensitivity - you've done a
>> wonderful job of re-enforcing the idea that IETF is a hostile
>> environment for women.  My guess is that you've never
>> personally been in a situation where you've been on a train
>
> Joel,
>
> While I've tried to avoid commenting on the general whining and
> complaining, I fear that I have to side with Mary on this one.
> While our weighting factors are different, I think it is the
> obligation of the Secretariat and the IAOC's meetings committee
> to find locations at which the people who contribute
> significantly can have an efficient and productive meeting, with
> a minimum of distractions from logistical, health, and safety
> problems.

Right, so when you find those fault free-venues lets use them...

In the mean time the netherlands was a lovely country where I was unable
to stay longer.

Our hosts were gracious and under the conditions we set for ourselves in
2008 it was the venue available.

It was not problem free.