Re: Tourist or business visa from US?

U.S. customs is the least of my worries in this situation.  In the 15 years that I've been attending these sorts of meetings, I've never needed a visa of any sort ahead of time.

Can you please point me to an official website that suggests that there is a visa waiver program for us attending the IETF meeting in China?

Mary.