RE: The IPv6 Transitional Preference Problem

My take:  fix it in the delay-sensitive applications.  That
means Safari, Firefox, IE, etc., as we describe in "Happy
Eyeballs", http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wing-http-new-tech-00
which effectively says:  tend to prefer IPv6 (or IPv4) as long
as IPv6 (or IPv4) is working well.  If it's a new network
connection, try both at the same time (because the host does
not yet know which will work well).

-d