Re: Rationale for public, non-subscribable mailing lists

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 9:51 AM, Arnt Gulbrandsen
<arnt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Florian Weimer writes:
>>
>> Okay, you're using Mailman to administrate team membership. Let me say
>> that I think this is a bit bizarre, but it's some sort of technical reason.
>> (Other organizations keep team rosters and mailinglist membership separate.)
>
> The IETF doesn't have members, it has participants. See?

Correct. The IETF and IETF Working Groups have no defined membership.
However, various IETF bodies such as the IAB, IESG, nomcom,
directorates set up by areas, etc., do have precise defined
membership.

> Arnt

Donald