RE: Last Call: draft-lawrence-sipforum-user-agent-config (Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) User Agent Configuration) to Informational RFC

On Tue, 2010-04-06 at 16:41 -0400, Hadriel Kaplan wrote:

> It's not an AoR, it's a gruu. (or could be... I don't care what form
> it takes)

I think that you miss my point.  REGISTER does not identify a UA - it
identifies some AOR.  If we were to define a form of registration that
does identify the UA so that that the configuration service could
address each UA uniquely, that would be a good thing (for this and other
purposes).

> But it occurs to me I should just shut up and stop trying to argue -
> my company will probably profit nicely from this draft.  ;)

I have no problem either with you stopping or with your company making a
nice profit :-)  (indeed, the whole point of this is to make SIP
adoption much easier - a rising tide - if your boat floats better than
others, that's fine with me).