RE: meta-issues on charter discussions (was: Re: WG Review: Recharter ofInternationalized Domain Names inApplications, Revised (idnabis))

Hi,

Personally, I would like to see deltas kept for updated charters,
especially the milestone information, so we can go back and find out
how timely a WG has achieved its completed objectives.

When I try to determine whether participating in a WG seems justified,
one thing I want to know is whether that WG if effective. Not being
able to see when a milestone was supposed to be completed versus when
it was completed makes that harder to determine. And when a re-charter
causes the old milestones to disappear, we are throwing away useful
information.

dbh

IETF