Re: More liberal draft formatting standards required

Paul,

Section 2.4 of 2223bis (www.rfc-editor.org/rfc-editor/instructions2authors.txt) says:

	The ASCII plain text version (and its .txt.pdf facsimile) is
	always the official specification, and it must adequately and
	completely define the technical content.
	The primacy of the ASCII version typically requires that the
 	critical diagrams and packet formats be rendered
	as "ASCII art" in the .txt version.

	However, secondary or alternative versions in PostScript and/or
	PDF are provided for some RFCs, to allow the inclusion of fancy
	diagrams, graphs, or characters that cannot possibly be rendered
	in ASCII plain text

Bob Braden
for the RFC Editor