Re: IETF 78 Annoucement

On 25 mei 2009, at 18:09, Ole Jacobsen wrote:

I don't know why you think moving the meeting to June will make more
facilities available in Europe. July-August is the traditional
vacation season and hence "off season" for conferences.

That's a good point. However, I was thinking of hotels, which tends to be the sore point in Europe. Every city with an airport code has a convention center that will do, but it seems that in Europe people just don't congregate overnight in high enough numbers to allow for the same kind of convention hotels that you see in the US.