Re: Confirming vs. second-guessing

:-)

This is a slight misquote of my

"The Nomcom's goal should be to select the best qualified candidates from the pool of volunteers. The confirming bodies should confirm any candidate they believe to be fully qualified."

N.B.; Reasonable people can differ on whether any given candidate is fully qualified and the fact the Nomcom considers someone qualified is simply input into the CBs deliberations as opposed to a given fact.