Re: IETF 71 - no room at the inn at all on Thursday

>> I am sure you can find something to stay for the duration.

The question isn't whether there's other hotels in Philadelphia, of course
there are, although it wouldn't be easy to find something as nice, and
close as the Doubletree for $169 which is quite a good price for Center
City.

I was wondering why the Doubletree doesn't have the block of rooms
available that they promised to the IETF.  The reservation agent said she
saw the room block, but it didn't have rooms Thursday like it did for the
rest of the week.  Unless there's a vast number of IETFers only staying
Thursday night, which seems rather unlikely, Hilton didn't provide the
room block they said they would.  I would have thought their long term
agreement with the IETF would prevent just this kind of problem.

R's,
John