Re: IETF 71 - no room at the inn at all on Thursday

On Thu, 13 Feb 2008, John L wrote:
> I was wondering why the Doubletree doesn't have the block of rooms
> available that they promised to the IETF.  The reservation agent said she
> saw the room block, but it didn't have rooms Thursday like it did for the
> rest of the week.  Unless there's a vast number of IETFers only staying
> Thursday night, which seems rather unlikely, Hilton didn't provide the
> room block they said they would.  I would have thought their long term
> agreement with the IETF would prevent just this kind of problem.

They did have (AFAIR), at least around 5th Feb or thereabouts when I
was checking hotel options.  In the end I decided to go to "Hampton
Inn Philadelphia Convention Center" which is closer (about 4 blocks or
so), a bit cheaper, and AFAIR, seemed to offer better facilities for
the price.