RE: I-D Action:draft-rosenberg-internet-waist-hourglass-00.txt]

Hi,

Hannes Tschofenig wrote:

>Hi Spencer,
>

>> Hi, Hannes,
>>
>> I can't answer for Jonathan, but I wondered the same thing, and
>> decided that the answer was probably one of
>>
>> - "well, if we all know this, what are we doing differently now that
>> we know it?", or
>>
>> - "the GOOD news is that the wasp waist-hourglass is no longer HTTP"
>> [RFC3205], or
>
>Well. In fact that I wanted to make a similar comment saying
>that some people would argue that HTTP is the waist if your
>communication needs to work in an enterprise setting as well.

True. *If* you want your application to work "everywhere", it better run
on top of HTTP/TLS at least as a fallback. And for many types of
applications the users clearly prefer that it works "everywhere", so the
decision for instance for an IM client developer is not that hard.

Markus