RE: IPv4 Outage Planned for IETF 71 Plenary

> Disrupting a meeting funded for a different purpose will/would be an
> offensive colossal waste of resources.

I think some disruption is in order.

The stronger argument I have heard against the proposed "IPv6 interlude" is that it is not compatible with the services loaded on participants' laptops by their enterprise's IT department. Fine. So the participant will come back and send a note to their IT department, complaining that lack of IPv6 support forced them to stop reading corporate e-mail for an hour. Better warn them now. IT department are notoriously conservative, and it takes warnings like that to get them to move.

-- Christian Huitema