Re: IPv4 Outage Planned for IETF 71 Plenary

Ned Freed wrote:
> I was unable to attend the last three IETFs in person so maybe something has
> changed, but at previous meetings my success rate at keeping a wireless
> connection going during the plenary hasn't been all that great.  This means
> IPv6 issues are likely going to be conflated with wireless issues and heaven
> knows what else.

My own personal experience at the last two IETFs has been pretty good.
Vancouver was rock solid throughout the facility, and during the
plenary.  There was a single dark spot in Chicago in a particular room.
I think the team has really gotten quite good at managing wireless.
This, by the way, was a good example of us learning by doing.  It took a
while for things to get kinked out, but in the end we now know a large
wireless room can be done.  I imagine the same would be true for IPv6.

I think the thing people are struggling with is much more basic:
individuals don't get anything by moving to v6.  With wireless I got
freedom from having to stick a cable here or there.  Maybe we should
hand out lollipops or something for those who use v6.

Eliot