Re: IPv4 Outage Planned for IETF 71 Plenary

<removed lots of ccs  from this frivolous reply>

On 16 dec 2007, at 15.15, Ole Jacobsen wrote:

I've attended meetings where we had a "closed laptop" policy during
presentations,

i find those authoritarian and repressive. unless there is complete unanimity in the room for such a policy it is a very bad idea. incidentally, i always feel so bad for the poor I*s up on the dais with no laptop to hide behind.

on the other hand i like the ipv6 experiment - time to sink or swim. and imagine the press if ipv6 fails so publicly.

too bad the idea of IP co-existence was never able to actually take hold in the community.

a.