Re: IETF Eurasia

On Dec 6, 2007 8:59 PM, Hallam-Baker, Phillip <pbaker@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Only part of the meeting fee is profit for the IETF and an even smaller part of the attendee costs. It cost my employer roughly $2,000 for me to attend the Vancouver IETF for two days. That is $6,000 for the IETF to make $1000.

    Unfortunately, this is why I haven't made it to nearly as many
meetings as I'd like to have over the years.  I'm self-employed, with
a very small firm, and it's nearly impossible for me to afford it.
However, I'm looking forward to this coming March.  With the event
being only two hours from my home, it'll be a lot easier.... well,
except that gas prices will probably cost me almost as much as a cheap
hotel.

--
Daniel P. Brown
[Phone Numbers Go Here!]

If at first you don't succeed, stick to what you know best so that you
can make enough money to pay someone else to do it for you.