Renumbering

On Thu Sep 13 12:39:52 2007, Jeff McAdams wrote:
Mark Andrews wrote:
> 	Except there really is no vendor lock anymore.  It is
> 	possible to automate the entire renumbering process.  If
> 	there are spots where it is not automated then they should
> 	be found and fixed.

Oh man, that's rich.  Do you actually believe that?

Welcome to the IETF, where dreams are made reality.

I particularly agree with Mark's final sentence, there - if renumbering is a problem, let's solve it.

FWIW, I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of renumbering activity *is* automated, we've simply forgotten that it's already done. We've got autoconf, we've got DHCP, we have oodles of technology that's deployed already.

Dave.
--
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave@xxxxxxxxxxxx - xmpp:dwd@xxxxxxxxxx
 - http://dave.cridland.net/