Re: Identifying mailing list for discussion(Re: Tracking resolution of DISCUSSes)

<inline>
Tom Petch

----- Original Message -----
From: "Henning Schulzrinne" <hgs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <dcrocker@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: "lconroy" <lconroy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <ietf@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2007 6:36 PM
Subject: Re: Identifying mailing list for discussion(Re: Tracking resolution of
DISCUSSes)

> > The table of mappings constitutes an on-going administrative
> > challenge.  Also as noted, not all I-Ds are tied to working groups.
> >

> But every draft should be able to fit into one of the IETF areas;

Not sure about the should but the really is that they do not.

One close to my heart is URI which belongs in every area which has a protocol:-)
The practicality is that it is hosted outside the IETF and a recent post there,
relating to a very worthy piece of work, asked how to get this to be an RFC.

Such questions show that we are not doing as well as we SHOULD.