Re: WG Review: Recharter of Internet Emergency Preparedness (iepr ep)

At 04:29 PM 11/5/2006 -0800, Lars Eggert wrote:
On Nov 5, 2006, at 16:06, King, Kimberly S. wrote:
On Nov 5, 2006, at 13:27, Sam Hartman wrote:
And I believe that the tsvwg is the right place to discuss where RSVP
intersects with security.

The point is that this work belongs here at the IETF, not which
working
group addresses a particular aspect.

Note that I wrote:

TSVWG is the WG currently chartered for RSVP
maintenance, which I would see this falling under.

I made no statement of where RSVP work should happen in the future,
but having this work elsewhere would obviously require consensus at
various levels.

didn't the IESG, about 18 months ago (it may be longer) write a letter to either ITU-T or ETSI to stop attempting to extend RSVP, that it was supposed to be done in the IETF?

I seem to remember that event occuring, though I admit I don't remember the details; Allison Mankin would know, as should Jon Peterson.

Lars
--
Lars Eggert                                     NEC Network Laboratories