Re: How confidential is the information we share with the Nomcom?

on 2006-11-05 18:59 Lakshminath Dondeti said the following:

[snip first part of message]

> It might be worthwhile for the community to know the feedback is known to

[snip other parties]

> * the tools team  (some of them are IETF contributors)

This is incorrect.  The feedback is encrypted (with the nomcom's public
key) before being committed to disk, and only the nomcom has the private
key necessary to decrypt and read the feedback.  The design of this is
very explicitly done so that nobody who doesn't have the nomcom's private
key can read the feedback.

Where did this erroneous information about the tools team having access
to the feedback come from?

	Henrik