IAB appeal (was: off-topic?)

JFC (Jefsey) Morfin wrote:

>>> He discusses an IETF langtag issue.
>> Not that I'm aware of.
> Why not to ask him?

Good idea, what did he answer when you asked him before you
claimed that "he discusses an IETF langtag" issue ?

What I read here was his known position that using the same
codepoints for Kanji and other scripts in Unicode is wrong.

>>> the appeal now in limbo
>> For now it's rejected, http://ietf.org/IESG/APPEALS/?C=M&O=D
> Get your facts together.

No problem, they announced it 11-15, and decided it at the
begin of 64th IETF meeting, now more than a month ago:

<http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.announce/9881>
<http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.announce/9882>
<http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.ltru/4070>
<http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.ltru/4047>
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_comment&id=41630>

> You confuse cases.

Your various RfC 3934 cases and appeals are rather boring from
my POV, your RfC 3912 case is not yet "last called".

> The denial of appeal Brian Carpenter just announced

s/just/11-15/  I watch their "appeals" directory almost daily
(for procedural reasons unrelated to you and language tags).

> I did not want to "win", but to obtain the clarification
> detailed in the text you can now read.
s/now/11-15/

Bookmark <http://www.iab.org/appeals/>.  Bye, Frank