Re: Examples of translated RFCs

JFC (Jefsey) Morfin wrote:

> I apologise if hurt your Japanese interest,

There is no need of apologize.

> May be will you want to consider the IANA request: "If you are a host,
> or are aware of an RFC foreign language site, please send us e-mail with
> the appropriate URLs."? This would avoid this kind of mistake in the
> future. And may be help a complete directory of the translated documents.

I have forwarded it to local ML. But, is it really IANA and not rfc-editor?

> PS. If everyone has the same need and solution, at the end of the day we
> need ISO 10646.

In most cases, all you need is local variants of ISO 646.

In Japan, we also need a multibyte character set and clever ways to
combine ISO 646 and multibyte characters. Many days have passed since
we got them and we are still using them.

> What permits us to scale and print every where?.

Then, ISO 2022 is a lot more than enough.

On the other hand, with ISO 10646, I can't print Japanese characters
in China.

						Masataka Ohta