Re: Possible new Real-Time Applications and Infrastucture (RAI) Area

On 9/23/05 5:38 PM, "Dave Crocker" <dhc2@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> For the proposed area, that does not seem to explain the inclusion of  ENUM,
> instant messaging or presence.  (This area is going to take over xmpp, too?)

ENUM is ancillary to telephony and not really to much else.
But anyway, you'll note that I argued that "real-time" is
an unsuitable name because of what it actually means, not
that your definition of real-time was vernacular and we need
to focus on what's actually real-time.  I tend to prefer
naming it something around multimedia applications but as
long as whatever it is is reasonably descriptive and won't
lead to people thinking that it's a proper place to work
on things like storage device controllers, I'm good.

Melinda