RE: Excellent choice for summer meeting location!

[snip]

> >> Don't worry, O Calvinist Guardian of Virtue: there is little
> pleasure
> >> to be found in Paris in August; the cafes will be shuttered, even
> the
> >> cab drivers will have left the city.
> >
> > it's got to be scary being in the weather pattern europe is in,
> > knowing that bush won't sign onto the kyoto protocols and that
> china
> > is just beginning a CO2-emitting boom period that will probably
> last
> > until 2070 or so.  but i think we digress, a little, don't you?
>
> Actually, I was trying to get back on topic.  If you check my
> original post, it was not about the Puritanical virtues of meeting
> in Minneapolis but the physical danger of meeting in Paris in
> August.
Uh - how is Paris going to be physically dangerous.  Are there
terrorists planning on blowing up a tower, I really don't think a few
warm days count as physically dangerous to most of the crowd I see at
IETF meetings...

And frankly - the results of global warming will be a cooling trend in
Europe and NE US, so don't go and blame last summer on strangely
unrelated global trends

Bill