Re: Issue: #751: Section 7 - Removability, using term "BCP"

On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 09:19:12PM +0100, Wijnen, Bert (Bert) allegedly wrote:
> See: https://rt.psg.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=751
>
> The text suggested by Scott would mean to change:
>
>    Removability: While there is no current plan to transfer the legal
>       and financial home of the IASA to another corporation, the IASA
>       shall be structured to enable a clean transition in the event that
>       the IETF community decides, through BCP publication, that such a
>       transition is required.
>
> into:
>
>    Removability: While there is no current plan to transfer the legal
>       and financial home of the IASA to another corporation, the IASA
>       shall be structured to enable a clean transition in the event that
>       the IETF community decides, through the publication of a
>       procedure document where a formal assertion of IETF consensus
>       is required (currently called BCP), that such a
>       transition is required.
>
> I find that latter sentence harder to read, but I can live with it.
>
> I saw Scott (as only one) in favor of the change, while at least 2 people
> (Harald and Sam) objected. Not clear what I should do.
> Unless instructed otherwise, I will leave the text alone.
>
> Bert

It is harder to read.  I suggest:

  ... shall be structured to enable a clean transition in the event that
  the IETF community decides that such a transition is required and
  documents its consensus in a formal document (currently called a BCP).