Re: [120all] Results of post-meeting survey

Salz, Rich <rsalz=40akamai.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > The "breakout room" is the term used for where the WG sessions were
    > held.  In Vancouver, for example, if you noticed couches that were at a
    > normal height, rather than the hotel-supplied couches that were
    > essentially on the floor, that was seating that the IETF rented and
    > provided.

Ah. Well, then yes, I did notice the places to sit that weren't on the ground :-)

Mary B <mary.h.barnes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > To Rich’s question,  when I’ve gone to other conferences (both tech and
    > non-tech) there isn’t extra seating out in the hallways but those are
    > usually much more focused events and single track.

At RailsConf2024 in Detroit, the extra seating was all provided by folded
cardboard seating.   It was weird.  Not that comfortable, but better than one
might imagine.  I guess the Olympians had a similar arrangement for their
sex-hostile bedding.

IETF meetings are now overscheduled.  It's a serious issue as it cuts into
the very important hallway track.  The hallway track is one of the reasons to
actually travel.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )