Re: Near-Real-Time TLS and DNS Validation using a Multi-Vantage-Point Network of Secure Mirrors

On Fri, 16 Aug 2024, Nick Lockheart wrote:
That is, Chase Bank's chase.com certificate should only be signed by
the JP Morgan IT department.

I don't understand how that's supposed to work.

I'm looking at two web sites chasebank.com and chasebankusa.com. Both have signatures claiming they are from JP MORGAN CHASE BANK, 383 MADISON AVE, NEW YORK NY 10179. How do I tell which, if either, is real? Once I've done that, am I expected to do the same thing for each of the hundred other web sites I visit each day?

R's,
John