Re: TLS Everywhere

My problem with CAB is lack of clue about its governance.

All discussion of community led alternates will have the same problems as CAB in terms of engagement with LEA, international sanctions and my lack of clue about their governance.

I continue to believe that awkward as it would be, browsers should ship with a number of trust anchors closer to zero apart from their own code signing root.

We should have been trained to manage trust for ourselves or under our local administrators control, not an occluded set of 400+ trust points which we blithely accept.. until it goes wrong.

I realise this is not feasible, counterfactual and has many problems. I continue to actually depend on the thing that concerns me.

Btw, seeing names I know and recognise say they are aware and part of CAB process is helpful. I appreciate the work done.