[Last-Call] Re: Genart last call review of draft-ietf-opsawg-pcaplinktype-04

> My understanding (and experience) is that when we give IANA the initial
> contents, they *take* it, initialize the registry, and then, the RPC actually
> removes the table from the document. The IANA registry itself is
> authoritative, not the document, so DRY.

That's the opposite of my experience[1].  The draft should say *exactly* what IANA is being requested to do. As the draft moves through IETF last-call, IANA reviews it to see what their actions are. (You can, of course, ask IANA for early reviews.) The only thing that happens is just before publication the text might change from "is requested to" to "has added" or something similar.

Do you have an example of an RFC where registry information has been removed? What was left in the "IANA Considerations" section, which is mandatory?

[1] My experiences otherwise include anything that modified to a TLS registry, and draft-ietf-ntp-update-registries