[Last-Call] Re: Genart last call review of draft-ietf-opsawg-pcaplinktype-04

Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > The descriptions of many link-layer types are either 1) too long or 2)
    > insufficient to fully describe the link-layer type or 3) both(!).
    > The descriptions should be short, and the entry should have, as
    > a reference, a web page that gives a complete description.  Some
    > entries already have that.

I am much less concerned about getting the exact information in than you are,
and more concerned that we get over this hump.
I accept that not every entry will be fully described; and that's okay.

As for the the width and contents.

My understanding (and experience) is that when we give IANA the initial
contents, they *take* it, initialize the registry, and then, the RPC actually
removes the table from the document.  The IANA registry itself is
authoritative, not the document, so DRY.

I also asked IANA is they would prefer to just receive this content as XML.
They said they didn't care; we could do that if we wanted, but none of the
tooling makes that easier.

Joel: I have added a Security Considerations.  Sorry for that obvious lack.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-                      *I*LIKE*TRAINS*