Re: TLS Everywhere

> On 15 Aug 2024, at 13:02, Lloyd W <lloyd.wood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Jay,
>
> break tiktok, nothing else breaks. it's just an app from a private company.
> myspace was once valued highly, too.
>
> break dns and root servers, many things start to break. the web, certificates, you name it. interlocked and interconnected industry, airlines...

Yes that’s quite true, but you appeared to be saying that ICANN sets the rules for the Internet ("controls"), and so my point is that huge changes in the Internet regularly take place with no direct relevance to ICANN.  Personally I see the Internet as this vast expanse of permissionless innovation and so characterising it as a space controlled by a few bodies such as ICANN (or the IETF for that matter) does it a great injustice.

Jay

--
Jay Daley
IETF Executive Director