Re: TLS Everywhere

> On 15 Aug 2024, at 11:49, Lloyd W <lloyd.wood=40yahoo.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> because the Internet is under de facto US control and always has been,
> currently through ICANN.

You are confusing the domain name system with the Internet.  Not only are they different, they do not share the same fate.  To illustrate this: five years ago TikTok was unheard of and now it valued over $100bn, far exceeding even a generous valuation of the domain name industry, and all on a handful of domain names.

Jay

--
Jay Daley
IETF Executive Director