Re: RFPs and IPv6

On 7/2/24 17:27, John Levine wrote:

Well, OK. We put put out an RFP that requires that our new mail system
have full IPv6 support.

We get no bids. The existing mail system is held together with fraying
duct tape and stopped sending mail over IPv6 four months ago and
nobody noticed, much less complained.

Not a valid assumption.   That's the problem with breaking email, after all - you don't know how many people didn't notice, versus how many people threw up their hands in disgust at IETF's apparent incompetence.

Keith