Re: RFPs and IPv6

According to Phillip Hallam-Baker <phill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>-=-=-=-=-=-
>
>While the IETF is not a large organization, the RFPs that drive Microsoft,
>Google etc. to do things are written by people at large enterprises who get
>their information on what to ask for from certain sources which are in turn
>influenced by organizations and the press.

We have IETF participants from organizations like Google and Comcast
which support IPv6 broadly, Amazon and Microsfot and Yahoo which
support it in some places but not others.

Perhaps we could see if people we know are familiar with the tradeoffs
that led them to decide one way or the other.

R's,
John

PS: My local fiber ISP doesn't support IPv6 at all, and tell me that I
am the only person who's ever asked about it.