Re: RFPs and IPv6

It appears that Ofer Inbar  <cos@xxxxxxxxx> said:
>Are you really saying that the IETF is a special kind of buyer that
>needs to remain "neutral" in some way, and NOT exert any market force,
>even if the IETF does have preferences?

The IETF is not a large organization, and it is not a large buyer of
online or hosting services. If we tell vendors "you must provide IPv6
or you won't get our business," if they already have IPv6 for their
own reasons, OK. Otherwise the answer is "then we won't be doing
business with you."

We can certainly ask, but we can't force anyone to do anything.

R's,
John