Re: RFPs and IPv6

It appears that Christian Huitema  <huitema@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:

>On 7/1/2024 6:37 AM, Livingood, Jason wrote:
>> (no hats) Isn’t this ultimately a market problem on some level? ...

>... But as IPv4 addresses become harder to
>get, services can only provided by those server infrastructures that
>have sufficient IPv4 addresses. ...

That means the pressure is greater or less for different services.
Email by its nature lets you put enormous numbers of users or domains
on a handful or IPs, so the incentive to switch to IPv6 is minimal.

Also, some providers including Gmail require better authentication
over IPv6. If you want people to accept your v6 mail, you really need
to put DKIM signatures on it. I don't find that to be a problem but I
have been surprised to find how many places say it's working fine and
we don't want to change anything because it might break.

R's,
John