Re: On the difference between scenarios A and B in Carl's report

At 08:09 PM 09/07/04 -0400, Margaret Wasserman wrote:
Scenario B includes the MOU mechanism as one of the choices for defining a relationship between ISOC and the IETF.

for the record, I think the relationship between ISOC and IETF needs to be stated in any case. We have RFC 2031 now, but it is dated and could use revising at minimum to include the things ISOC does now and the things IETF participants do in ISOC. If we are going to further tweak the relationship - and I think we will - we need to state how it changed. So some form of MOU is advisable in any scenario.