Re: [Last-Call] Moderation in general [was Re: Last Call: BCP 83 PR-Action for Timothy Mcsweeney]

On Wed, Jun 12, 2024, at 17:02, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
I hope the moderators will excuse me Bcc'ing this message to the Last Call list in an attempt to switch discussion to the main IETF list.

Yes,  The BCC caused me to have to manually approve it, but I think it's fair enough.  Thankfully the discussion had petered out sufficiently that I didn't have to jump back in and tell people to behave!

And I agree, we need to come up with clearer guidelines, I'm not loving having to wing it each time - though I'm quite clear myself that PR actions in particular are the IESG seeking input on a specific action, not an open invitation to re-litigate everything about the IETF on the last-call list :)

Bron.

--
  Bron Gondwana, CEO, Fastmail Pty Ltd
  brong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx