Re: [Ietf-dkim] WG Action: Formed Mail Maintenance (mailmaint) / Commitment

On 5/23/2024 12:24 PM, John Scudder wrote:
On May 23, 2024, at 2:36 PM, Dave Crocker <dhc@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 5/23/2024 11:19 AM, John Scudder wrote:
To add, relative to your final paragraph about “hold responsible",
there are many parts of our process that rely in part on the
expectation participants will act in good faith, this would hardly be
the first.
Other than the formal requirements concerning intellectual property(*),
please cite other examples where the IETF requires open, individual and
explicit commitment to anything as substantial as doing an implementation.
The connection between my sentence that you've quoted, and your request, is tenuous if I'm being generous. While I appreciate the invitation to join that aspect of the fray, I will decline it, at least for now.

Except that you offered your statement as a counter to the concern about the wg requirements.  Clearly you thought that statement to be relevant.

But the statement is a broad, vague assertion.  And I've noted that it is irrelevant to the current discussion, in pretty much every possible way.

Really it only serves as a Linus blanket of comfort for those wishing to wave concerns away.

But I tried to be polite and give you an opportunity to provide a linkage.  However broad, vague assertions represent a failure to engage in substance, so your response does not come as a surprise.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking