Re: [Ietf-dkim] WG Action: Formed Mail Maintenance (mailmaint) / Commitment

Hi Dave,

> On May 23, 2024, at 2:36 PM, Dave Crocker <dhc@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> On 5/23/2024 11:19 AM, John Scudder wrote:
>> To add, relative to your final paragraph about “hold responsible",
>> there are many parts of our process that rely in part on the
>> expectation participants will act in good faith, this would hardly be
>> the first.
>
> John,
>
> Other than the formal requirements concerning intellectual property(*),
> please cite other examples where the IETF requires open, individual and
> explicit commitment to anything as substantial as doing an implementation.

The connection between my sentence that you've quoted, and your request, is tenuous if I'm being generous. While I appreciate the invitation to join that aspect of the fray, I will decline it, at least for now.

Thanks,

--John