Re: Question about pre-meeting document posting deadlines for the IESG and the community

Hi Keith,
At 08:48 AM 23-03-2024, Keith Moore wrote:
A decision made a day before a meeting doesn't allow enough time to see whether there would be complaints.

You are correct.

If I am not mistaken, you commented about WG homogeneity. Some WGs work somewhat differently, e.g. some use RFC 8874. The people showing interest in their deliverables seem okay with that. Let's say that I have not showed any interest in the deliverables. I could not find a good reason to impose a change in work practice.

There are several rules which allow for exceptions. It's useful to have that or else you end up having to look the other way to cater for genuine cases.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy