Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: <draft-tenoever-tao-retirement-02.txt> (Retiring the Tao of the IETF) to Informational RFC

On Thu, Jan 25, 2024 at 3:36 PM Martin Thomson <mt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Jan 26, 2024, at 05:49, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
> I fully support the draft. The Tao has outlived its usefulness as an RFC.

Same, though I might say something bolder: The Tao has outlived its usefulness.

(Frankly, I thought that this move had already happened.  Also, though I realize that the publishing of a document like this needs consensus, I don't believe that there needs to be IETF consensus to publish a web page.  This is generally a good thing as long as those who do the publishing are not completely immune to sanction if they publish something that reflects badly on the rest of us.)

I agree with Martin. This change is long overdue.

-Ekr